formula to auto input a date

spaciedawn

Hi,
I am a nurse at a prison and I have close to 1200 patients that I have to keep up with different medical information. None of our records are electronic so needless to say I am trying to create a "manual" E-MAR..that being said, I am administering TB shots and then entering the date of the shot in one cell and I would like it if the cell next to it could automatically figure when the next shot has to be done. A TB shot is done every year. so far, I have been doing this manually, PLEASE, if anyone can help me with a formula for this I would be so grateful. Also, I should say I am kinda new to excel. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance;)

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi,
I am a nurse at a prison and I have close to 1200 patients that I have to keep up with different medical information. None of our records are electronic so needless to say I am trying to create a "manual" E-MAR..that being said, I am administering TB shots and then entering the date of the shot in one cell and I would like it if the cell next to it could automatically figure when the next shot has to be done. A TB shot is done every year. so far, I have been doing this manually, PLEASE, if anyone can help me with a formula for this I would be so grateful. Also, I should say I am kinda new to excel. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance;)

Here's an option...

Alt-F11
Insert Module
paste this code in

Code:
Function NextYear(cell As Range)
With cell
    NextYear = Format(DateAdd("yyyy", 1, .Value), .NumberFormat)
End With
End Function
Then if you enter a date in cell A4, use the following in cell B4
=NextYear(A4)

You can then copy that formula to whatever cell(s) you need.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

Here's another option borrowing on cstimart's function. It's a change event, which will automatically enter both the current date and next year's due date automatically whenever you make a change in column B, so it reduces a few steps for you. You can adjust it for whatever column you want to cause it to trigger.

<font face=Calibri><SPAN style="color:#00007F">Private</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN> Worksheet_Change(<SPAN style="color:#00007F">ByVal</SPAN> Target <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range)<br>    <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Code goes in the Worksheet specific module</SPAN><br>    <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Dim</SPAN> rng <SPAN style="color:#00007F">As</SPAN> Range<br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Set Target Range, i.e. Range("A1, B2, C3"), or Range("A1:B3")</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Set</SPAN> rng = Target.Parent.Range("B:B")<br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Only look at single cell changes</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Target.Count > 1 <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Only look at that range</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">If</SPAN> Intersect(Target, rng) <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Is</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Nothing</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Then</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Exit</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN><br>        <SPAN style="color:#007F00">'   Action if Condition(s) are met (do your thing here...)</SPAN><br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN> Target<br>                .Offset(, 1).Value = <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Date</SPAN><br>                .Offset(, 2).Value = DateAdd("yyyy", 1, Date)<br>            <SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">With</SPAN><br><SPAN style="color:#00007F">End</SPAN> <SPAN style="color:#00007F">Sub</SPAN></FONT>

If you need an EMR application, check out: http://www.biosoftworld.com/

They have something called Medical Database Seven, which has a lite version that's free. It's all database driven and built with a license free version of Microsoft Access.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Let me know if they don't offer the free "lite" version anymore, and I'll send you a copy. Just PM me your e-mail address if you need it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back