Formula to extract data from report with daily results that excludes data if no volume for that day

Tatsu

Hello, i have a report for call volume by interval, the report will exclude data if no volume on the day, the problem i'm having is the work group name and time intervals are in the same cloumn
Column A | Column B | Column C
workgroup a | totalcallsoffered | totalcallsanswered
07:30 | 300 | 297
08:00 | 325 | 324
(continues to 19:30)
workgroup b |totalcallsoffered | totalcallsanswered
07:30 | 300 | 297
08:00 | 325 | 324
workgroup c,d,e are in the same format as above with intervals from 0:730 to 19:30
workgroup g has 1/2 hr intervals from 00:00 to 23:30

there are two work groups that frequently have no volume so no data is pulled on the day

the goal is to make a call volume graph
I have another work book with a template of all the workgroups and intervals
what would be the best formula or vba to pull the info under the workroup name and two columns to the right of the interval time down to the next workgroup name?

I hope that makes sense

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome to the Board!

I think it may be a little clearer what you are after if you can post your expected results based on the example you gave us.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the reply and "welcome aboard", as a newbie I'll have to figure how to upload my example. We have a new Work Force Management system and the new reporting feature's exports are horrible, over the last few weeks I have found so much useful information from these forums...i cannot express how thankful I have been for all the expert examples I have seen!!!, The report I'm working on now has me stumped, I've created a very crude, but so far effective work around, but I'm sure there is a more refined way to do this. I know just enough of vba to get me in trouble :)

Upvote 0
I think it would be very beneficial if we could see what your expected output should look like.

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back