Formula to find an amount within a dollar range

ltomlinson

I am in need of a formula that will allow me to flag if they have a balance within a +-$1.00 range:

For instance-

Month: Client: Account Balance:
August Bob 10.01
August Lucy 11.27
August Sam 9.56
Sept Bob -10.56
Sept Lucy -12.01
Sept Sam -9.00

I would want the formula to flag all three of these as the account balances are within +-$1.00 and we can combine invoices.

I have roughly 10,000 rows of data I am working with. I know this should be simple, but my brain is not clicking today.

Please help!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Basically, I need each unique row to compare to the other rows. For instance, I need a concatenate of Bob and the amount to flag because there is a Bob with a different amount within +-$1.00

Upvote 0
Oh, my bad! I misunderstood the problem!

Check if it works! I'm not sure how the data is arranged. It might work only if the data is sorted with column A first and then with Column B. And also, I've assumed that the last row in your data is less than row 10!

=IF(ABS(ABS(INDEX(B3:$C$10,MATCH(B2,B3:$B$10,0),2))-ABS(C2))<=1,TRUE,FALSE)

Upvote 0
This worked perfectly after changing the ranges. I may have ran into another issue where I need to flag both invoices when I filter. I am working on this now and will update if I need some help with that. Thank you for your help with this one!

Upvote 0
Also, the formula referenced above will also show true if the dollar amounts are the same and both positive or negative. Example: 967.01 and 966.56 will both show true as they are within the $1.00 threshold once ABS is applied. I only need it to flag if one is positive and one is negative.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back