Formula to find the NEXT to Last Value in a column - minus zeros

Florida1510

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Excel Gurus,

Good morning I need some assistance. I have a results spreadsheet that is feed from another spreadsheet. This results 0.00 in months where there is no data yet. Here is my question I'm trying to find the NEXT to last data field so that my report can show the Current months data and the Previous months data side by side. I have a formula to pull in the last value that is not a zero however I'm struggling to write a formula that will pull in the previous months results. Right since all the future months that have no data are zeros the formula that I have written is going to the bottom of the spreadsheet and pulling in the next to last entry which is a zero. If someone could advise me what I need to add to the below formula so that it will only pull in the previous month result if in has data greater than zero. Note - actual results will always be greater than zero.

Current formula - =INDEX(Data[Total SIMs],AGGREGATE(14,6,(ROW(Data[Total SIMs])-ROW(D3)+1)/(Data[Total SIMs]<>""),2))

I have added an image of my spreadsheet. The result I'm trying to get for this month would be 117,643.40
Excel Image.png

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Owen

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Are you trying to get the value from the Total Sims column or the Data Usage column?

Upvote 0
Fluff,

My apologies the screenshot should have pointed to the Total SIMs not the total usage. The results I'm trying to get is 159,148. Sorry about that.

Owen
Excel 2.png

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for that. How about
Excel Formula:
=LOOKUP(2,1/(Data[Total SIMs]<>0),Data[[#All],[Total SIMs]])

Upvote 0
I took the range from the formula you posted. Do you have a table called Data & does it have a column called Total SIMs?

Upvote 0
Fluff

I have attached a screenshot below. In my spreadsheet the Usage Pivots tab in cell L3 is where I need the results. In the Results tab the data table is called Data and the column that the data resides in is in column D "Total SIMs". I'm trying to get the formula to pull in cell D9 from that spreadsheet and put it in Cell L3 on the Usage Pivots tab.

Thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it.

Owen

Attachments

• excel 4.png
    excel 4.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
If the formula you posted works, then the formula I posted should work as it uses the same structured references.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back