OK. Here's a macro that assumes your list of names is in column A. If that's not the case the code below will need to be adjusted to the actual range you are using.
To install the code:
1. With your name list worksheet active, press alt + F11 keys. This will open the VBE window.
2. On the VBE menu, choose Insert/Module.
2. Copy the code below from your browser window and paste it into the white space in the VBE window.
3. Close the VBE window and Save the workbook. If you are using Excel 2007 or a later version do a SaveAs and save it as a macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm file extension).
4. Make sure you have enabled macros whenever you open the file or the code will not run.
Dim lR As Long
lR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = Range("A1", "A" & lR).Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
If Not IsEmpty(Cells(i, "A")) Then Cells(i, "A").Insert shift:=xlDown
To run the code use the Excel View menu. View -->Macros --> View Macros. Find the macro and click Run.