Formula to match and extract multiple rows?

flammabubble

Hi Mr Excel forum.

I'm sure there must be a fairly straightforward way to do this but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. I should preface by mentioning that I'm using google sheets.

Basically I have one spreadsheet which is a big table of match results for different players (Column C is player name, D is date, E is the result etc). Players appear multiple times in column C on varying dates.

What I want to be able to do is, on a different sheet, put a player name (let's say in cell A1), and then a formula in cell A2 will search the match results and return all rows of data that refer to that player (much the same way that using autofilter would if you filtered by player name).

I need this extracted to a separate sheet for various reasons so I can't just use autofilter. I'm guessing I need some kind of array formula but would be grateful for advice.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi Flammabubble,

I'm not a Google Sheets expert but would =FILTER(Sheet1!C1:E9999,Sheet1!C1:C9999=A1) do what you ask?

Upvote 0
Hi Flammabubble,

I'm not a Google Sheets expert but would =FILTER(Sheet1!C1:E9999,Sheet1!C1:C9999=A1) do what you ask?
Needed a little tinkering to actually get the filter to work for some reason, but yeah that's exactly what I needed, thank you! Way simpler than everything I had been looking at haha.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back