Formula to pull data based on Date and Vendor and populate to another worksheet based on that vendor and date

sunshinereel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Looking for a formula to auto populate amounts paid on a monthly basis listed in one worksheet(Data Dump worksheet) - Col B Date; Col D Vendor Name; Col J Amount paid into another worksheet with Col A listing each vendor and starting in Col H - Jan Date; Col I Jan Amount paid; Col J Feb Date; Col K Feb Amount paid and so on

There are roughly 200 rows of vendors and was looking for a formula to pull into so as to not individually enter each month's payment

Thoughts? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Welcome to the Board!

You haven't really shown us any of your data or expected results, but it sounds like to me that you can probably use SUMIFS formulas to get what you want.
Here is a link showing you how to do that for date ranges: Excel SUMIFS date range formula - sum if between two dates - Ablebits.com
Thank you! I couldn't get the Sumifs between dates to work. Here are screenshots of the two different worksheets. First screenshot is where data dump is - second one is where I need it to populate to. I have been hard typing the amounts in and it is so time consuming

1644507566785.png
1644507616724.png

Upvote 0
Have you taken a look at the link I provided?
Can you post your attempted SUMIFS formula, and we can try to help you fix it up?

Upvote 0
Have you taken a look at the link I provided?
Can you post your attempted SUMIFS formula, and we can try to help you fix it up?
Sure! I will also give you other formula I tried

=SUMIFS(Sheet2!$J:$J,Sheet2!$D:$D,Original!A3,Paid!$A:$A,">="&Original!H1,Paid!$A:$A,"<="&Original!I1)

=IF(AND(Paid!$B:$B>=Original!$H$1,Paid!$E:$E=Original!A3),Paid!$M:$M,0)

Upvote 0
Your formula seems to reference 3 different sheets, "Paid", "Original", and "Sheet2".
Which two have you posted, and what does the third one look like?

Upvote 0
Your formula seems to reference 3 different sheets, "Paid", "Original", and "Sheet2".
Which two have you posted, and what does the third one look like?
So sorry I copied the wrong formula to give you. That was another I was trying

=SUMIFS(Sheet2!$J:$J,Sheet2!$D:$D,Original!A3,Sheet2!$B:$B,">="&Original!H1,Sheet2!$B:$B,"<="&Original!I1)

Upvote 0
Your formula worked for me, with one minor change.
You will want to lock down the row reference of the dates in row 1 of your original sheet, so they do not changes as you copy your formula down the column, i.e.
=SUMIFS(Sheet2!$J:$J,Sheet2!$D:$D,Original!A3,Sheet2!$B:$B,">="&Original!H$1,Sheet2!$B:$B,"<="&Original!I$1)+

If it keeps returning zeroes for you, then check to see that your two VENDOR columns REALLY match.
Something as simple as an extra space in one will cause them not to match.

Upvote 0
Solution
Your formula worked for me, with one minor change.
You will want to lock down the row reference of the dates in row 1 of your original sheet, so they do not changes as you copy your formula down the column, i.e.
=SUMIFS(Sheet2!$J:$J,Sheet2!$D:$D,Original!A3,Sheet2!$B:$B,">="&Original!H$1,Sheet2!$B:$B,"<="&Original!I$1)+

If it keeps returning zeroes for you, then check to see that your two VENDOR columns REALLY match.
Something as simple as an extra space in one will cause them not to match.
You rock! Thank you so much!

Works for me now. A few of them I had to copy and paste the vendor name for the exact match. Did not even think of that.

Upvote 0
You are welcome.
Glad I was able to help!
:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back