Formula to read values from a range to and autopopulate info into 2 different columns

HeyItsDizzy

Hi Guys. I am new to this forum, and not sure how to place my actual excel cells in here...

Ok. So I will explain as best I can, I am after a formula (not a macro) to Take player preference and auto-generate a list; in this example, there are only 2 rewards and only 5 rewards available each.

so the players with the highest score will get to pick their preferred prize first.
However as you can see (in column B) 7 players want the Puppy, And only 3 want the Dinosaur
if each person took their prize one by one in order of their high scores the player reward handouts would like they do in columns E and F

I have assigned a Value number to the type of prize for use with a Vlookup function, or any other formula that will read those numbers as a value/code type thing, (I also know that Vlookup only work from left to right and will not go backwards, therefore I am happy to duplicate the name columns, and reward type columns etc if need be so that a formula such as that will work

I don't mind how many separate calculations/columns and/or rows need to be placed (i can make another cell array if that is also required)

I would just like to know the best way to get my 'A2:C11' range looking like my 'E:F' column range based on the placement results

ABCDEF
1NamePref typePref ValuePuppyDinosaur
2DizzyPuppy1DizzyArvo
3ZenakuPuppy1ZenakuBeginJehan
4ArvoDinosaur2BennyBooBetterQuad
5BeginJehanDinosaur2BennyBwoyCubosh
6BennybooPuppy1CorzzaHadLowJ
7BennyBwoyPuppy1
8BetterQuadDinosaur2
9CorzzaPuppy1
10CuboshPuppy1
11HadLowJPuppy1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arndtea

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back