Formula - to see if time is greater than 5 minutes and reference the name associated

tq2411

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have a table with a list of names and then times for various things on one sheet.

On the next sheet, I need the list of names and then, if the time for a certain column, on the first spreadsheet, is greater than 5 minutes, I need it to show their name.
So for instance on sheet one, it looks simply like

AAA AAA00:00:30
BBB BBB00:05:00
CCC CCC01:23:00
DDD DDD00:01:00

I need the second sheet to bring up the list of names where time is greater than 5 minutes. How do I do this?

Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Welcome to the Board!

Have you thought about using Advanced Filters, to copy just the records that are over 5 minutes to the next sheet?
See here: How to copy data to another worksheet with Advanced Filter in Excel?
So I need the table on the first sheet, to have the full list of names with the times, so I can sum time for the whole team, which I've managed to do so.
But on the second sheet, I still need a list of names for people greater than 5 minutes, I don't mind not having the whole team on the second sheet, I just need the list greater than 5 mins.

Thanks

Upvote 0
But on the second sheet, I still need a list of names for people greater than 5 minutes, I don't mind not having the whole team on the second sheet, I just need the list greater than 5 mins.
Right, did you look at the link I provided?
You should be able to create a filter of greater all records that are greater than 5 minutes and copy over to your second sheet.

The tricky part is the filter criteria. To understand how to do this, it is important to note that date and time in Excel are really just stored as numbers, specifically the number of days since 1/0/1900, and time is just the fraction of one day.

We want to convert 5 minutes to its equivalent fraction. Since there are 1440 minutes in a day (24 hours times 60 minutes), 5 minutes would be 5/1440, which is a little more than 0.003472.
So, if you follow the steps I provided in the link for you in my previous post, just set up your time criteria to be:
Excel Formula:
>0.003472

Give it a try and see how you do. Post back if you run into issues.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back