Formula ?

zone709

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I actually need help on both of these. I just need to return blank if nothing is found. Right now it returns 0 if nothing is found and is kind of annoying thanks

=' Rates Table'!A68

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A$6:$A$208,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0),"")

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Try this:

=IF(VLOOKUP($A$6:$A$208,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0)=0;"";IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A$6:$A$208,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0),""))

Upvote 0
Have an issue with this I think its around here 0)=0;"";

On the other one I figured it out this works below

=' Rates Table'!A68

<strike></strike>=IF(' Rates Table'!A24=0,TEXT(' Rates Table'!A24,""),' Rates Table'!A24)<strike></strike>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have an issue with this I think its around here 0)=0;"";
Note that in different versions of Excel, different argument separators are used. Some use semi-colons instead of commas. I think that may be what is going on with the response you received.
From your original post, it looks like you version uses commas, so try changing the formula estevaoba posted back to this:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]=IF([/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]VLOOKUP($A$6:$A$208,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0)=0,"",[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A$6:$A$208,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0),""))[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hi thanks for the response and I am on 2016 excel maybe that's why. What about to add the text word also, because it help with the 0, but now I have #NA I tried =0,TEXT"" but didn't work?

Upvote 0
hi thanks for the response and I am on 2016 excel maybe that's why.
Shouldn't matter. When I said version, I am talking more about the region. Certain places in Europe and Asia use semi-colons as argument separators instead of commas.

Why do you have a whole range in your first argument in your VLOOKUP function?
It is typically just a single cell, as you are looking up one value at a time.
See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

Upvote 0
Yeah this formula is working for me for awhile now. Just have an issue with the 0 when pulling the formula down. I basically have a tab for the table of things I have. The formula looks on active sheet in column A to match name on the table tab. Then pull in the info from the right columns

Upvote 0
Just have an issue with the 0 when pulling the formula down
From your posts in this thread, it looks like that isn't the whole story. It looks like you have two things going on:
- the VLOOKUP returning 0 when you want it to return a blank
- the VLOOKUP returning #N/A, in which case you want it to a blank

Is that correct?

Upvote 0
The #NA error results when it doesn't find any match.

I would try something like this:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(A6="","",IF([/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]VLOOKUP(A6,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0)=0,"",[/COLOR]VLOOKUP(A6,' Rates Table'!$A$1:$D$506,4,0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back