Formula?

jan96ken

I am trying to create a spreadsheet. Currently we have approx 150 files which are kept in a folder. Each of these files contains 5 worksheets. These five worksheets are the inventories for various departments for our retail stores.

I would like to create a worksheet that would look at each of these files and give me quantities for items. I tried to do a VLOOKUP function but the worksheets containing the inventories are not set up to allow me to do this. (and I would not be allowed to change the appearance of the store inventory sheets)

Is there any formula I can use so that I can pull this data from the worksheets (quantities of items to be exact). I could "hard-key" the data but it's ALOT of data. I could "link" the cells but what do you do then if an item is added to the inventory or the lines are deleted or changed within the worksheets.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Jan

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back