Formulas Defined Names - Forgot to save macro enabled

ronanbaker1

Board Regular
Hi,
I created a defined name as follows. Formula - Name Manager - New - Name: sheetname Refers to: =GET.WORKBOOK(1)&T(NOW())

I then made a formula to put each sheet name in the subsequent row. =IFERROR(INDEX(MID(sheetname,FIND("]",sheetname)+1,255),ROWS($A$1:A1)),"")

It worked at the beginning. What I failed to do is save as a macro enabled file. Once I closed out of the file, and tried to reopen, the values were blank (As the second part of my formula triggers). If I remove the IFERROR piece, the value would state #BLOCKED! If helpful, the formula changed to include {=IFERROR(INDEX(MID(sheetname,FIND("]",sheetname)+1,255),ROWS($A$8:A16)),"")}

After some research I found out it was because I didn't save it as a macro enabled file. I then tried to re-save as but the formula will not populate a value.

Can anyone help me? I tried to delete the defined term, clear out my formula, Save the file and close... Re-open, do the steps above again but this time save as a macro enabled file but each time I close and re-open the formula changes to blank.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Maybe:

Short version of the fix, go to File -> Options -> Trust Center -> [Trust Center Settings] -> Macro Settings -> check the Enable Excel 4.0 macros when VBA macros are enabled box, recommended settings under Macro Settings is Disable VBA macros with notification, then select File Block Settings on the left, and make sure Excel 4 MacroSheets and Add-in Files is checked in the Open column, and under Open behavior for selected file types, select Open selected file types in Protected View and allow editing. (not short, but as short as possible!)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back