ccheever2009

I am trying to build conditional formatting for a report I run daily. There are certain criteria that I want to "pop" out drawing immediate attention.

I want build it so that the variables in column O (several) are true column W (several) are true and Column if Blank

=AND($O1="BR- PAP New Setup: Canton", $W1="Harvard pilgrim",$Y1="")

This works but I want to add more data to $o1 and $w1 but every time I do I receive a function error.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Welcome to MrExcel.

Do you mean something like this?

=AND(OR($O1="BR- PAP New Setup: Canton",$O1="Some other text"),OR($W1="Harvard pilgrim",$W1="Some other text"),$Y1="")

Upvote 0
I tried this, but for some reason any time I try to enter something into $O1="some other text" I keep receiving an error. I even cut the formula out and put into word, to build making sure everything was correct.

Upvote 0
=AND(OR($O1="BR- PAP New Setup: Canton",$O1=“BR- PAP New Setup: Kittery”,$O1= “BR- PAP New Setup: Sandwich”,$O1= “Scheduling RT”),OR($W1="Harvard pilgrim",$W1=”MEDICAID-Massachusetts”,$W1=”BMC / Northwood”,$W1= “Neighborhood Health Plan-CareCentrix **Sleep Only*”,$W1= “NETWORK HEALTH”, $W1=”TRICARE PRIME”, $W1=”TUFTS HMO”,$W1=”TUFTS HP MEDICARE PREFER”,$W1=”UNITED HEALTHCARE PA REQ'D OVER 1000”, $W1=”HEALTH PLANS INC”, $W1=”BCBS ANTHEM for ME NH CT Patients”),$Y1="")

This is the built formula, prompts an error. Cant figure out why.

Upvote 0
Word has given you the wrong double quotes there. Try:

=AND(OR($O1="BR- PAP New Setup: Canton",$O1="BR- PAP New Setup: Kittery",$O1= "BR- PAP New Setup: Sandwich",$O1= "Scheduling RT"),OR($W1="Harvard pilgrim",$W1="MEDICAID-Massachusetts",$W1="BMC / Northwood",$W1= "Neighborhood Health Plan-CareCentrix **Sleep Only*",$W1= "NETWORK HEALTH", $W1="TRICARE PRIME", $W1="TUFTS HMO",$W1="TUFTS HP MEDICARE PREFER",$W1="UNITED HEALTHCARE PA REQ'D OVER 1000", $W1="HEALTH PLANS INC", $W1="BCBS ANTHEM for ME NH CT Patients"),$Y1="")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back