Formulas to count including Unique Numbers

Graham C1600

Board Regular
Hi M,

Thanks again for correcting me. Yes yo are correct. It would be 6 because as you say Brian should have been counted.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Graham C1600

Board Regular
Hi M,

This formula works when I do it small scale on the test data I use. When I try to expand it out onto the real data I just get an N/A in the cell. The formula I'm trying to use is as follows :-

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A500,IF((I2:I500<>"")+(K2:K500="Yes"),A2:A500),0)),MATCH(A2:A500,A2:A500,0)),ROW(A2:A500)-ROW(A2)+1),1)) - followed by Ctrl/Shift & enter.

Any ideas on my mistake ?

Thanks

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Hi M,

Thanks again for correcting me. Yes yo are correct. It would be 6 because as you say Brian should have been counted.

When I tested the formula I saw that I was wrong, too ;)
Actually the answer should be 7 - Andrew should be counted as well.

Try
=SUM(IF(D2:D14="No",--ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2:A14,IF((C2:C14<>"")*(D2:D14="No"),A2:A14),0))))
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

M.

Last edited:

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Hi M,

This formula works when I do it small scale on the test data I use. When I try to expand it out onto the real data I just get an N/A in the cell. The formula I'm trying to use is as follows :-

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A500,IF((I2:I500<>"")+(K2:K500="Yes"),A2:A500),0)),MATCH(A2:A500,A2:A500,0)),ROW(A2:A500)-ROW(A2)+1),1)) - followed by Ctrl/Shift & enter.

Any ideas on my mistake ?

Thanks
What query are you referring to? Are there blank cells in A2:A500? Or cells with errors?

M.

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
See if this works

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(A2:A500<>"",IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A500,IF((I2:I500<>"")+(K2:K500="Yes"),A2:A500),0)),MATCH(A2:A500,A2:A500,0))),ROW(A2:A500)-ROW(A2)+1),1))
Ctrl+Shift+Enter

M.

Graham C1600

Board Regular
Thanks M.

th
query. I need to count the total amount of User ID’s where at least 1 person has data in their Last Logon box and the UTC =”No”.

This one now. The answer should be 5.

Everything else is working so thanks.

Marcelo Branco

MrExcel MVP
Shouldn't the result be 7?
ID1 = 3; ID5 = 1; ID7 = 1; ID8 = 2 (3+1+1+2=7)

M.

Graham C1600

Board Regular
Thanks M.

th
query. I need to count the total amount of User ID’s where at least 1 person has data in their Last Logon box and the UTC =”No”.

This one now. The answer should be 5.

Everything else is working so thanks.
Hi M,

Bad wording from me.

I need to count the total amount of User ID’s where there is data in their Last Logon box and the UTC =”No”.

Gary
Stephen
Simon
Darren
John
Thanks

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
<strike></strike>

Graham C1600

Board Regular
Thanks M works fine.

Next puzzle.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]I need to count the total amount of User ID’s where there is no data in the Last Logon Field and the UTC=”No”. This count needs to be similar to the 2nd query (=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2:A14,IF((C2:C14<>"")+(D2:D14="Yes"),A2:A14),0)),MATCH(A2:A14,A2:A14,0)),ROW(A2:A14)-ROW(A2)+1),1))) in that if there is a User ID that meets this requirement and another person with the same User ID does not meet the requirement then we need to disregard these users. So in this query the answer would be 2. which would be Steve & Rich. We cannot count Brian as both Gary & Stephen have logged in and they have the same user ID. Hope this makes sense.[/FONT]

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellakim00

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...