Forum sign in

JLGWhiz

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
anybody besides me having a problem with the sign in for the forum? There appears to be a background procedure running at time of sign in which disrupts either my user name or password while signing in and causes me to have to retype the entries in some cases if I don't notice the disuption. Is there not some way to avoid that interferrence?

I have not noticed such a problem. What browser do you use for the forum?

Most of the login issues are generally based on browser cookie settings. And most of the time clearing the cookies solve the problem along with checking the browser cookie settings.

As @Peter_SSs said, I haven't noticed such a problem either. If you could let us know your browser, then we can try to test to see what's going on.

I'm using IE browser. It is a sporatic event rather than a regular one. But it does cause some characters to be skipped as I type in my user name and password as if a macro is blocking the UI instantaneously. It only skips a character or two, but of course that is enough to invalidate the sign in. don't know if it matters but I have my settings so that cookies are deleted after each internet session.

Last edited:
Could you be having a similar problem to the one you had in 2018?
OMG, Peter, I have had so many I am not sure which one you mean. I recall that I had to use the compatibility mode to interface with the old forum platform, if that is what you mean. But no, this appears to be related to the animation procedure of the ad that appears at the lower right on the sign in page. If it is in motion as I try to type, then the User Interface appears to be blocked until the animation stops. I might add that my McAfee security also slows down the apps because it checks everything before it lets me into them. I can live with it, I was just wondering if I was the only one who was experiencing the effect. If I am, then it must be something in my apps/security that is causing the issue.

I had to use the compatibility mode to interface with the old forum platform, if that is what you mean.
Yes, that was the post I linked to.

this appears to be related to the animation procedure of the ad that appears at the lower right on the sign in page. If it is in motion as I try to type, then the User Interface appears to be blocked until the animation stops. I might add that my McAfee security also slows down the apps because it checks everything before it lets me into them.
Ok, thanks. Perhaps @smozgur can dig a bit deeper to see if either of those could be the problem.

I don't know if it helps but I had a few issues when the board changed (not signing in issues but posting) and that was due to still being on compatibility mode from the old board.
I needed to come out of compatibility mode to fix the issues.
Perhaps you need to do the same with your signing in issue?

... that was due to still being on compatibility mode from the old board.

Absolutely. Compatibility mode is not necessary (and yes, shouldn't be used) anymore since the new software is compatible with all modern browsers.

Ok, thanks. Perhaps @smozgur can dig a bit deeper to see if either of those could be the problem.

We are investigating this issue further. I'll post any update here.
Thanks again for reporting the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back