Freeze a picture.... Don't move

mtheriault2000

Hello

Is it possible to freeze a picture to is place.

I import a graphic and place it on my sheet. I would like to prevent moving it out by selecting the picture and draging the mouse

Freeze.... Don't move...

Martin

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
AFAIK, the easiest way is to turn on protection of the worksheet (assumes you have the Locked checkbox checked for the picture).

Upvote 0
Hello Greg

Thanks for the reply

Yes the protection is on, but the "Modify object" in the protection options has to be selected. Problem is i need to be able to modify other object than this pictures. But i want to freeze it to the actual location.

Martin

Upvote 0
You could use an image control from the Control Toolbox.

Upvote 0
Hi again Rorya

Never played with the control toolbox. How do i do that.

One day, i will have to extend my arm over the Atlantic to shake your hand and pay you a beer for all the help that you provide to me

Martin

Upvote 0
View-Toolbars, Control Toolbox. Add an image control to the sheet, right-clcik it, choose Properties, then click the Picture property and use the browse (...) button to locate the image. Once you have it set up, click the Design Mode button on the toolbar (the Blue triangle) to exit Design Mode.

Upvote 0
Good afternoon Rorya

I have done that,

Insert an image activex control, put the picture over it. And picture is frozen.

The resulting caused another problem, Now i can't draw an arrow over the image. That was the original quest....

Arrow are placed behind the control. I have not succeed to put them in front of it

Quest continue

Martin

Upvote 0
I was just testing that! They should get drawn in front, but only after the mouse is moved. It actually makes the positioning easier too:
Code:
Private Sub Image1_MouseUp(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
   Dim shpTemp As Shape
   Set shpTemp = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeLeftArrow, Image1.Left + X, Image1.Top + Y, 25, 10)
End Sub
it's a bit flaky though! (activeX controls and worksheets aren't always a good combination)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back