Freeze Lower Row Only

SaraWitch

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone.

I don't think this is possible, but you never know! Is there a way to freeze a lower row only? I know you can freeze top row, top two, three, four, etc. rows, but I want to see only row five, not one to four, as I scroll down...

Like I say, I don't think it's possible, but any ideas would be welcomed!

Ta muchly, folks!
Sara

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
If you don't want to see rows 1 to 4 just hide them & then freeze top row.

Upvote 0
Thank you, Fluff; but I need the top four rows visible when scrolling up. (This workbook is a budget form for customers, and if I hide the top four rows, they won't fill out their details, so I still want those visible. If I freeze the top five rows (so the headings are visible), it doesn't give an awful lot of viewing/work space. So, I just wanted to freeze the heading row (row 5), without freezing or hiding rows above that - I suppose like a 'floating' heading.

I think what I want is a bit too sophisticated for Excel (never thought I'd hear myself say that!), so users will just have to remember headings as they scroll down the form (no big shakes as there's only a few columns - just me being ultra fussy ;)!)...

Thank you for your response though. :)

Upvote 0
I can't think of any way of doing that unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Not an ideal solution, but it approaches what you want. Select cell A6 then click the Split button (View tab, Window group). Next, scroll the top panel so Row 5 shows as the top visible row. Now position your cursor over the horizontal split bar, click and drag it up so only Row 5 is visible in the top panel. Click in the bottom panel and scroll it... Row 5 will remain visible in the top panel but if you scroll the bottom panel to the top, Rows 1 to 4 will show in it. Of course, you can now see two Row 5's on the screen at this point (I told you it was not an ideal solution). This is as close as I can come to what you asked for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back