Freeze Panes and Page Numbering

Gilgamesch

Just got Microsoft Office 2010 and I'm trying to keep things the way they were on 2007. I use Freeze Panes in the top of my sheet and when I go to add page numbers to those pages, on the bottom, it flashes up a warning saying you 'cannot add page numbers with Freeze Panes activated, if you continue, freeze panes will be disabled'.

So the question is: How do I add page numbers with freeze panes turned on?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Although my 2010 Excel is on my work computer, I would think your solution might be this:
"Play their game" and let it disable your Frozen Panes. Add your page numbers. Then ReFreeze your Panes.
The resulting screen view will have the "Page 1" locked in,
but (other than that phenomenom) your sheet pages should scroll by quite handily.
This workaround is untested. Let us know if it works?
Larry.

Upvote 0
I actually found out it was because the numbers by default go to the top of the page. If you set it so the number print at the bottom of the page, it will allow you to keep the Freeze Panes in and still have the page numbering.

Upvote 0
I have a 12 page excel spreadsheet. I did as suggested & numbered pages & allowed it to UNfreeze my panes. I later went back into my spreadshet, needed to freeze my pane in order to scroll up & down the pages but even when I deleted the page numbering it still is not allowing me to go back & freeze my panes which I really need.
Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I don't know how you could restore the worksheet; perhaps a copy and paste all data into another worksheet (or another workbook) may resolve the issue and restore your ability to freeze panes. Still shaking my head over this one!
Larry.

Upvote 0
Thx Indiantrix, I thought of taking the time and copying to another document...guess I have no choice...technology....ain't it great!

Upvote 0
yes good job!! what is going on ...
33.momodo.jpg

Upvote 0
Thx Indiantrix, I thought of taking the time and copying to another document...guess I have no choice...technology....ain't it great!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back