Freeze Panes - Greyed Out

demechman

I have a strange excel behavior I have only seen after switching to Excel 2013 - AKA worst excel "upgrade" ever, but I digress.

I download and work with several data extraction tools such as cognos and others and I notice when opening some files "Freeze Panes" is grayed out. No amount of saving as, switching view to normal or other tricks work. The only thing that does work is closing excel and restarting which is not an ideal method. Any thoughts?

Also on a side note how do i get rid of the awful save as views with a myriad of non-useful folder selection methods.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Did you ever get this resolved? I have had the same issue with 2013 that comes and goes on some worksheets. I have had to copy all the data from a defective worksheet to a new one to fix it, and it will still come back again. I, like you, am in normal view, unprotected, not shared or split.

Upvote 0
Best I can tell is that it has something to do with the custom ribbon I created. The built in ribbon won't be greyed and is only an issue with data downloaded from Cognos.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back