Freeze Panes help

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I am running Excel 2013 on Windows 10 Home. I have a workbook with several worksheets. A couple of the worksheets have Columns with data that extend out to Column EA (125 entries). I am already using the Freeze Panes function to keep the Column Headers in View. Is there a function that will perform a Freeze Panes action on Row 1 running down to Row 200 or more? In order to enter data for an item in Row 5 in any Column beyond BG, I have to downsize the worksheet. When entering data on the far end of the Row, this becomes difficult as the worksheet has been downsized three times. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Dan Wilson...

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Not sure if this is what you want, but if select (say) J2 & select "Freeze panes" row 1 & columns A:I will always be visible

Upvote 0
Hi again, Fluff. You're a very busy person on this forum. After I posted my question I went to the Freeze Pane function and found that I can freeze Column 1. Unfortunately, that removes the freeze on Row 1. I experimented with the freeze of Column 1 and found that it will work for what I want to do. Once I pick the column I want to work in, I can scroll up and down the column and still see values in Row1. Thank you for responding.
Dan Wilson...

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back