Freezing/Splitiing Cells

andrewb90

Hello All,

I have been searching for answers to this and have not found anything helpful, so I am not sure if what I want is doable, but I'll see if anybody has some good Ideas. In the range A2:D18 I have some information I would like on the screen at all times. The user part of the worksheet is in columns E:L and it goes down to row 1000. Now I would like to be able to scroll down through the rows, while still keeping that data visible, but I do not want the first 18 rows frozen above. This takes up too much of the screen.

Thanks,

Andrew

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi Andrew,

From the View Tab of the Ribbon you could make a New Window then Arrange All > Vertical to show two windows for the same worksheet side by side.

Resize the windows to make the one with A2:D18 as small as possible (you can even change the zoom of that window to make it smaller than cells in the window showing E:L).

Upvote 0
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the idea, but it's not exactly what I am looking for. The person using the worksheet would get confused with 2 windows. Plus when you switch to a different sheet, you would need to do that in both windows, and the same thing would apply to running any macros.

Upvote 0
Another possibility... press ALT+WNWAT+Enter to create a copy of the worksheet and tile it. Now, resize one of the windows to display A2:D18 and resize the other window to fill the remainder of the Excel window.

Upvote 0
Peter, I've never tried the Watch Window before. I like the way it can be docked or floating modeless; however seeing the values in list form next to the addresses would take some getting used to.

Thanks for sharing that, and for keeping Rick on his toes. ;)

Upvote 0
Peter, I've never tried the Watch Window before. I like the way it can be docked or floating modeless; however seeing the values in list form next to the addresses would take some getting used to.
I must admit I have not used it much, partly because of its layout and generally go for FreezePanes or (less often) a Split Window. However, its layout is what makes it useful, particularly if you want to watch cells that are spread throughout the sheet, workbook, or workbooks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back