Freezing the cursor or mouse pointer

Khan Junaid Ahmed

Hi all,

is it possible to keep only one cell active and whole sheet will be frozen. i mean the other cell or cells must not be even selectable by mouse. the whole sheet must be like ' non clickable' except the one active cell.. and whenever i open the file, only that active cell must be selected automatically.. i don't know how it is possible..

please help

thank you in anticipation ..

Regards

Junaid

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Yes, you can do this by 1st unprotecting that cell, then protecting the whole sheet

Upvote 0
Right click on the sheets tab
Choose View code
From the meu bar choose view properties
Choose "Scroll Area"
Enter the range you want selectable
Now only that range will be selectable or modified manually.

Upvote 0
My Answer, I tried to follow those instructions, I do not have/cannot find "view properties"?

And if that is VBA, then OP will need to save the file as .xlsx

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]From the View Tab in Excel, If you select the Freeze Panes command, the following table shows which rows and columns will be frozen, based on what you’ve selected on the worksheet, and which cell is active.[/FONT]
SelectionActive CellFrozen RowsFrozen Columns
Cell(s)A1All rows above the centre of the Excel windowAll columns to the left of centre in the Excel window
Cell(s)Any cell except A1All rows above the active cellAll columns to the left of the active cell
Entire row(s)A1All rows above the centre of the Excel windowAll columns to the left of centre in the Excel window
Entire row(s)Any cell except A1All rows above the active cellNone
Entire column(s)A1All rows above the centre of the Excel windowAll columns to the left of centre in the Excel window
Entire column(s)Any cell except A1NoneAll columns to the left of the active cell
Entire worksheetA1All rows above the centre of the Excel windowAll columns to the left of centre in the Excel window
Entire worksheetAny cell except A1All rows above the active cellAll columns to the left of the active cell

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

Upvote 0
Gravitas, my understanding is that is not what the OP wants (I thought that too, at 1st). It sounds like they only want to have a specified cell/s available to use - all others are not accessible (I could be wrong though)

Upvote 0
In the Vba project explorer window on the menu bar you should see "View" click view and then choose properties window.

I did remember that this works but for some reason this setting cannot be saved and when the Workbook is closed and even if saved this setting is lost. So would not work.

My Answer, I tried to follow those instructions, I do not have/cannot find "view properties"?

And if that is VBA, then OP will need to save the file as .xlsx

Upvote 0
In the Vba project explorer window on the menu bar you should see "View" click view and then choose properties window.

I did remember that this works but for some reason this setting cannot be saved and when the Workbook is closed and even if saved this setting is lost. So would not work.

OK, I had found that before, was looking for a "view properties" option. It seems mine defaults to properties window, so when I had clicked that before, nothing happened lol
Thanks for the feedback ;)

Upvote 0
You can use a script like this to set scroll area on Workbook open

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "A1:A10"

End Sub

Upvote 0
Right click on the sheets tab
Choose View code
From the meu bar choose view properties
Choose "Scroll Area"
Enter the range you want selectable
Now only that range will be selectable or modified manually.

You all are amazing guys ... this is exactly what i was searching and i resolved.. others may also be right but i am not that much familiar with scripts..

thank you & all

Junaid

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back