frequencies of data

YoCantu18

Board Regular
Hi everyone,

I have a set of data that includes specific numbers. say 1,2,3 for example.

and I want to determine how many times the 1 appears, 2 appears, and so on.

Thanks for your help

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Weaver

Take a look at the COUNTIF() function.

Alternativley (if you're feeling brave), you could try pivot tables.

HTH

YoCantu18

Board Regular
thanks alot. i think that will work. another quick question.

Is there a function that can list all the different specific values in a set of data?

artvandelay

You might also want to try the frequency function as a array formula.

{=FREQUENCY(Data,Counts)}

You need to have a column with the "bins" you want to find the frequency of (1,2,3 etc)

Also, with array formulas, you have to select all of the cells at once. ie: if you're going to put your frequency counts in cells A1:A10, you select the entire range, enter the formula in the bar at the top, and then press ctrl+shift+enter.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlee13

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...