Frequency IF <>"value" counts also blank cells

Michaela K

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm trying to create frequencies table that will calculate frequency at baseline, during treatment and during follow-up. (please see snapshot below).

1666088541693.png

The formula is as follows in the "Frequency at Baseline" and works great:

=FREQUENCY(IF('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E = "Single Dose-D1",'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7),

But, when I change the equal sign to <>, it also counts blank cells.

I've tried AND(NOT(ISBLANK) but I still don't seem to be getting what I want as, for a change, I'm getting everything as 0, which is not true:

=FREQUENCY(IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E)), 'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E <> "Single Dose-D1"), 'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P, ""), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7).

What I want to say is that I want the function to only count those frequencies where !E:E <> "Single Dose-D1" but not count blank cells.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be getting the syntax right and in all honesty, I'm not a pro when it comes to excel formulas.

Can anyone advise?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=FREQUENCY(IF(('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"Single Dose-D1")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>""),'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7)

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=FREQUENCY(IF(('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"Single Dose-D1")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>""),'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7)
Thank you, this works! Question - if I wanted to add another argument to it, so basically not to count also cells that contain "SFU", how would that work? I want to exclude those cells from frequency count that contain "Single Dose-D1" and "SFU"

Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
=FREQUENCY(IF(('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"Single Dose-D1")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"sfu")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>""),'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7)

Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
=FREQUENCY(IF(('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"Single Dose-D1")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>"sfu")*('Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!E:E<>""),'Vitals - baseline_dosing_FU'!P:P), Vitals_Frequencies!B2:B7)
Thank you, I'm getting a result of '1' for values up to limit/bin 59 because one row in the P:P is blank so it counts it as <60. Can I somehow teach to it not to count cells where P:P is blank too?

Upvote 0
Try adding that criteria in the same manner as did for the other two requirements.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back