from 2014 to 97......

xkboor

Board Regular
hello , I have some macros in excel 2014... and I want to make them run on excel 97 ... I can't do it . thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Over the years, Excel has added a lot of functionality to VBA, and even expanded old functions which have been there all along (adding new arguments to old functions). Sometimes, there might not be many changes in VBA from one upgrade to another, but over 17 years, there has been a LOT of changes. So I would fully expect that only your macro was doing something super simple, that the code you wrote in Excel 2014 would not work in Excel 1997.

As a general rule, when programming VBA, you usually want to program the code in the lowest version of Excel that any user may be using (so if you have users using 2003, 2007, and 2010, you would want to program using 2003, if possible). Most code written in an older version will work in a newer version, but not the other way around. Over the years Microsoft has added a lot of functionality, and they usually do not take away old stuff (though they did take away a few things in jumping from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007).

So, if you want your code to work in Excel 97, you may need to rewrite/recreate your code using Excel 97.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back