From Dropdown, pull data to a table from another worksheet

Mack23

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Currently working on a workbook that has inventory allocation on one sheet and another sheet that is going to pull data and make an order sheet for the customer. On the order sheet, I have a table with a dropdown that is selecting the customer. Once a customer is selected, then I would like to be able to fill in the line items from the allocation sheet, on consecutive lines (old sheet had a row per product that used VLOOKUP's to pull the product information) so there are no blank row(s) between each allocated product on the order sheet.

The way I am thinking about making the macro is to first find the customer on the allocation sheet from the selected customer drop down on Order sheet. Second find all the cells with values in the column of that customer in the allocation sheet>copy and pasting into the order sheet on the respect rows. Third would be to make sure there are enough lines on the order sheet before copying a line. I can visualize what the macro will need to do, just have been not successful with the second part or combining all three parts together. any help is appreciated, even if it is part of the solution (inserting rows, finding customer, copying data). I feel like this is very complicated, but the last time I asked for help on this forum the solution wiped my 10 line macro for a 1 line code....

Thank you,
Mack

Allocation Sheet
1629818831902.png

Order Sheet
1629818894745.png

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jin kazuya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back