From Reports to a Dashboard - How?

Richdewtan

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok, I have figured out the Countif, and basic vlookup concept. However, what I can't figure out is how to search the text data in one worksheet (Part numbers) and populate a shortlist of those part numbers based on their status (Open/close) into another worksheet.

It seems to me, that vlookup will only allow this if I stay in the same worksheet. Is there a formula that will address this?

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hi Richdewtan,

VLOOKUP will work across worksheets, so will INDEX and MATCH to fin matching part numbers. If you're trying to list a subset then the SMALL option of AGGREGATE may be the way to go.

It would be best if you could provide a sample of your data and expected results using XL2BB.

Upvote 0
Hi Richdewtan,

VLOOKUP will work across worksheets, so will INDEX and MATCH to fin matching part numbers. If you're trying to list a subset then the SMALL option of AGGREGATE may be the way to go.

It would be best if you could provide a sample of your data and expected results using XL2BB.
Thanks for the input - Though I have not tried your solution, I found that a simple Pivot Table does the job for me.

However, my countif formula that is pulling from another worksheet does not update on its own returning a #VALUE error unless I open the report the info is found in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back