FrontEnd and BackEnd in Excel Version

mielkew

Using PowerQuery I created a register combining multiple workbook in our shared local network into a single master register which I named "Master Register_BE.xlsm", to speed up the refresh time I created a FrontEnd register which I named "Master Register_FE.xlsm" taking all the information from the Backend register.

The frontend master register can now be save to my colleagues desktop computer which have a connection directly into our network to get all the updates from backend by clicking the refresh button in data tab. Everything works fine as long as they are connected in the network.

I need a VBA that will be able to replace my colleagues frontend excel file from their Desktop and replace with the new one in the server, if I made any changes in the Fronend register interface.

The VBA code should first check the Frontend version then compare it with the Frontend server version, if the version is the same then open the Frontend workbook from my colleague desktop if not then ask the user to replace the Frontend excel with the new one from the server, is this can be done automatically? Like a popup box where the user will have to click yes/no selection ??

Is this even possible to do in VBA, I have seen this kind of approach in Access just trying to mimic it in excel. ???

Appreciate if someone can point me to right direction to achieve this.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back