Frustrated new user with a task

Douglas Sm

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Can you help me with this? I need to get this to work for my job. It’s an estimator’s sheet with different Work Centers that may or may not be required to be visible for a specific job, based upon the Part Number to be made. I’ve attached a couple example .jpg’s.

When Part Number “123-456” is entered into cell B1, I need only the rows A4, A5, A6, A11, A12, A14, A16, A18, A20 and A21 show (the PINK lines). I need the rest of the lines to be hidden.

I need something like this to work for different Part Numbers that show different lines. In my second example, the Part Number would be ABC-DEF and in this case, I would need only the BLUE lines to show.

Is there a formula that would work for this? Can you show me how to get a formala to do that? I don’t know anything about formulas or even how to insert them, but I’m supposed to figure this out somehow.

I appreciate any help you can give and thank you very much!

Doug.

Attachments

• Part Number_123-456.jpg
    Part Number_123-456.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Part Number_ABC-DEF.jpg
    Part Number_ABC-DEF.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Do you select the rows that have to be visible just with the cell color?

Upvote 0
Hi Leo. Thanks for reaching out. I need only the rows that are colored to show when a certain Part Number is entered into cell B1 (for example “123-455” in the pink B1 cell), only the pink lines below it show, and with no spaces between them where the omitted lines were. I hope I answered your question. Your help is a greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Sorry if I didn’t understand your question. I just put in the colors to more clearly illustrate what rows I needed to show in each of the two examples. Past that, the colors have no importance.

Upvote 0
With "123-456" in B1, how
When Part Number “123-456” is entered into cell B1, I need only the rows A4, A5, A6, A11, A12, A14, A16, A18, A20 and A21 show
With 123-456, why these rows 4,5,6,11,12,... are chosen to show? I could not find any relationship among them.
similar to "ABC-DEF"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back