Function IF with special use

Mecheltheka

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey to all..
I have a question..
Let's say that I use the function "IF" like this: =IF(A2=B2; B4; C4)… If its true, then it will appear the content of the cell B4. However, when I want to appear the content of the cell with its special formatting, what can I do for this?? (For example, if there is a thick outline around of the B4 cell, I want to appear the content of the cell B4 with the thick outline)

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
You cannot do that with a formula, as a formula can only see the cell value & not it's format.

Upvote 0
It would be possible with a macro, but it really depends on exactly what you want.
For a macro to check all potential formats & styles every time a cell is calculated, would probably bring your workbook to a stand still, if not cause Excel to crash.

Upvote 0
1597515072588.png

For example, I would like to do something like this. But I want to do it automatically. Have you any idea how to achieve that?

Upvote 0
Considering you have posted an image with absolutely no information, the answer is no.
Also you have merged cells which are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague.

Upvote 0
Considering you have posted an image with absolutely no information, the answer is no.
Also you have merged cells which are an abomination & should be avoided like the plague.
Ok, thank you for your time!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back