Function that looks for a particular color in a row

SamMaynard

Board Regular
If I'm crazy just let me know.

I would like to have a function (worksheet function or vba doesn't matter) that looks into a range of cells for a particular cell color in that row and then returns the value in the cell.

You see, I'm using a matrix of cells for a chart and the chart uses different colors to signify whether an activity is complete or not. Anyway I just need to look into the row for a particular color, say red or green and then return that value.

ps. How do I find out what number code red or green is for the computer to know which color I'm looking for?

Please help.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I just wanted to point out these functions do not work with conditional formatting. I had a similar need for something I'm doing with calendars (paydays and holidays), but somehow the conditional formatting is not compatible with this guy's code.

I don't know what's wrong with it, or what's wrong with my code. I just wish I could make a work-around this frustrating issue. :devilish:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back