Fuzzy Excel problem

Eaglemalta

Hi all,

I used Fuzzy excel to fix my Vlookup problem of having different spelling look up problems, but my web data and position of data is always changing so is there away to make fuzzy vlookup auto refresh. at the moment i have torun fuzzy lookyp every time my data changes.

I did find this on the web but i am not sure how how to do it or if its relevent.

[h=2]Running the Fuzzy Lookup Transformation
[/h]

[h=2]Row Comparison
[/h]When you configure the Fuzzy Lookup transformation, you can specify the comparison algorithm that the transformation uses to locate matching records in the reference table. If you set the Exhaustive property to True, the transformation compares every row in the input to every row in the reference table. This comparison algorithm may produce more accurate results, but it is likely to make the transformation perform more slowly unless the number of rows is the reference table is small. If the Exhaustive property is set to True, the entire reference table is loaded into memory. To avoid performance issues, it is advisable to set the Exhaustive property to True during package development only.
If the Exhaustive property is set to False, the Fuzzy Lookup transformation returns only matches that have at least one indexed token or substring (the substring is called a q-gram) in common with the input record. To maximize the efficiency of lookups, only a subset of the tokens in each row in the table is indexed in the inverted index structure that the Fuzzy Lookup transformation uses to locate matches. When the input dataset is small, you can set Exhaustive to True to avoid missing matches for which no common tokens exist in the index table.

[h=2]Caching of Indexes and Reference Tables
[/h]When you configure the Fuzzy Lookup transformation, you can specify whether the transformation partially caches the index and reference table in memory before the transformation does its work. If you set the WarmCaches property to True, the index and reference table are loaded into memory. When the input has many rows, setting the WarmCaches property to True can improve the performance of the transformation. When the number of input rows is small, setting the WarmCaches property to False can make the reuse of a large index faster.

[h=2]Temporary Tables and Indexes
[/h]At run time, the Fuzzy Lookup transformation creates temporary objects, such as tables and indexes, in the SQL Server database that the transformation connects to. The size of these temporary tables and indexes is proportionate to the number of rows and tokens in the reference table and the number of tokens that the Fuzzy Lookup transformation creates; therefore, they could potentially consume a significant amount of disk space. The transformation also queries these temporary tables. You should therefore consider connecting the Fuzzy Lookup transformation to a non-production instance of a SQL Server database, especially if the production server has limited disk space available.
The performance of this transformation may improve if the tables and indexes it uses are located on the local computer. If the reference table that the Fuzzy Lookup transformation uses is on the production server, you should consider copying the table to a non-production server and configuring the Fuzzy Lookup transformation to access the copy. By doing this, you can prevent the lookup queries from consuming resources on the production server. In addition, if the Fuzzy Lookup transformation maintains the match index—that is, if MatchIndexOptionsis set to GenerateAndMaintainNewIndex—the transformation may lock the reference table for the duration of the data cleaning operation and prevent other users and applications from accessing the table.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back