Fuzzy Lookup - Exception

mikeymay

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have been using Fuzzy Lookup for a while to match 2 lists with no problems.

Just recently I have started to experience an error that return the following exception - Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. (mscorlib)

I am not sure if it's caused bu the volume of the lists I am trying to match - List 1 = 58,000 rows & list 2 = 8,000 rows

I am sure that prior this starting, I had run a number of fuzzy lookups on this data with no issues so I am curious as to why it has suddenly started.

I have tried to reboot, uninstall & re-install, running on 2007 (currently using 2013) but after about running through about 3,000 rows of the 58k dataset, this exception gets returned.

I can get by by taking the data not checked and running again but it's a pain and it's billable time which I can't bill as it's not my clients fault :eek:(

Any help with resolving this would be appreciated.

Details from the exception report -

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. (mscorlib)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.StubHelpers.ValueClassMarshaler.ConvertToNative(IntPtr dst, IntPtr src, IntPtr pMT, CleanupWorkList& pCleanupWorkList)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.IWordBreaker.BreakText(TEXT_SOURCE& pTextSource, IWordSink pWordSink, IPhraseSink pPhraseSink)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FtsRecordTokenizer.Tokenize(TokenizerContext tokenizerContext, IDataRecord record)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.LookupUpdateContext.TokenizeAndWeigh(ComparisonProviderInfo cpi, RecordContext rc, IDataRecord r, Boolean weigh)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.LookupUpdateContext.TokenizeAndRuleMatch(IDataRecord record)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyComparer.Compare(ISession _session, IDataRecord leftRecord, IDataRecord rightRecord, ComparisonResult& result)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyLookupBuilder.CustomComparer.Compare(Session session, FuzzyComparer comparer1, ISession comparerSession1, FuzzyComparer comparer2, ISession comparerSession2, IDataRecord leftRecord, IDataRecord rightRecord, Double threshold, ComparisonResult& result)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyLookupBuilder.CustomComparer.Compare(ISession _session, IDataRecord leftRecord, IDataRecord rightRecord, ComparisonResult& result)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyQuery.ProcessRid(Session session, IFuzzyLookupStateManager stateManager, RecordContext leftRecordContext, IDataRecord leftRecord, Int32 rid)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyQuery.ProcessRidList(Session session, IFuzzyLookupStateManager stateManager, RecordContext leftRecordContext, IDataRecord leftRecord, RidList ridList)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyQuery.Process_EarlyTermination(IDataRecord inputRecord, Int32 maxResults, Session session, Int32 numIndexes)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyQuery.Match(ISession _session, IDataRecord inputRecord, Int32 maxResults)
at Microsoft.DataIntegration.FuzzyMatching.FuzzyQuery.Match(IDataRecord inputRecord)
at FuzzyLookupAddInForExcel.FuzzyJoinControl.FuzzyJoin(Worksheet worksheet, ProgressDialog progressDialog)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back