Gantt Chart 78 Hour Work Week

pph213

Hi everyone,

I need to make a gantt chart that display the amount of work hours corresponding to different part numbers. I want to the user to be able to input the Part Number and Hours and have the gantt chart display the amount of hours being spent on each part. After a total of 68 hours I need the gantt chart to change colors and show the part time in red, to signify overtime. Also, I would like the user to be able to input any number for the hours columns and have the gantt chart fill in time for fractions, example 1 hour, 1.3 hours, etc.

I am familiar with using conditional statements and data validation, but I don't know what formula I should use for the conditional statement to work off only the hours column. I have made gantt charts in the past that work off a starting date and an ending date.

Bellow is a link to an example of what I would like the gantt chart to look like. I would appropriate any suggestions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdh9brfm8ss8qfx/Gantt Chart.png

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi pph213,

You could try the Conditional Formatting formula below as a starting point.

=AND(D$2< SUM($C$3:$C3),E$2>SUM($C$2:$C2))

Applies to: $E$3:$AM$100

I'm not aware of a feasible way to filll a fraction of a cell using a CF formula. The formula above can work with fractions of hours in that it will fill the entire cell if any fraction of that time range is overlapped.

If you had to represent the fractional values graphically, then you might consider using a Chart object, or a collection of Shapes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back