Gantt Style chart with extras

stirlingmw

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet with all my employees name in Column A and initials in column B (this is important as I have employees with the same last name. The rest of the spreadsheet is set out like a calendar, with row 1 being the month, row 2 been the day and then row 3 been the day of month 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.
I use this spreadsheet to monitor the activities of my employees by blocking out days they are doing activities. Fore instance if Mr Brown is on holiday from the 13 Sep 14 to 20 Sep 14 I would shade the blocks on the 13 to 20th Blue so on so forth, different colours for different tasks.

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

periodically I need to be able to tell who is in the building at any one time, I can do this quite easily if the cells had something in them like a letter or number, but not just with the colour. I have a couple of queries.

Firstly
Is there anything I can program into the spreadsheet which allows me to add activities without having to scroll to the individual in the list and the scroll across to the correct date. I am thinking something like a control button labelled "Add Activity" with coding that opens a message box (not sure if this is the right type of object) which has a drop down box that allows you to select the person you require to add an activity to, a "Date From" box,a Date To" box, a drop down menu with the activities you can select from and finally an OK and Cancel button, Ok to add the selected activity to the spreadsheet and Cancel to return to the spreadsheet without adding info.
Secondly
I would like another Spreadsheet to calculate the numbers of employees doing a certain activity on a certain date. So the date would be input by myself and then maybe a drop down menu of the activity I wish to calculate for.
I hope I have explained this in enough detail. I have tried all sorts of spreadsheet designs but cannot come up with anything myself.
Many thanks for your time.
Steve

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back