Gathering Info from multiple workbooks

AllyCat

I need to export certain data from cells within workbooks created from a template into another excel spreadsheet. Is there anyone who knows how I could automatically generate these values each time I create a new workbook from my template? It would save me hours and hours of manually inputting values!

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
Give an example of your requirement.

GNaga

Upvote 0
Ok, for instance. My template is a workbook consisting of many timesheets. On each timesheet is a cell with a formula giving total number of hours worked for an employee for that week. Each sheet within the book is set up identically with the same rows and cells, but for different contracts and employees. I need to be able to extract the total number hours worked each week for each employee from each timesheet into a separate excel worksheet where each employee would have a sheet with running totals of hours worked since the start of their employment or for that year. I could just create a formula to give a total for each week and then manually input it into a sheet but i'd really like it to transfer the data for me each time i create a new weeks timesheets from the template.
I really appreciate any suggestions as I know practically nothing about VBA :confused:

Thanks,
Ally

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back