General PC Help - Uninstalling Dell SupportAssist

intsoccersuperstar

If this is inappropriate for this forum, mods please delete this.

There is a piece of what I guess I would call bloatware on my PC that in the 7 years I've owned it, I've never bothered trying to remove until now. Dell SupportAssist is a completely useless application that does nothing but cause an annoying pop-up to intermittently appear. I just close it, but now I am engaging on a lengthy cleanup of my PC and am trying to remove it.

Even though I have closed it, and shut down all the processes and services for it, I get a notification that "SupportAssist is actively running on your PC. Close the SupportAssist window and try uninstalling again." I'm at a loss as to how to actually get it shut down so I can uninstall it. Trying the built-in uninstaller causes that message, as does trying to uninstall through windows. I even tried installing Revo Uninstaller, but got the same message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this is the wrong forum for this, can anyone suggest a good general PC help forum/website?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Hi, Dell user here.
Have you tried that?

Thanks for your reply, cyrilbrd. Unfortunately when I do that I get a popup that says "SupportAssist is actively running on your PC. Close the SupportAssist window and try uninstalling again." I definitely don't have any windows for SupportAssist running, and I have gone to the Task Manager and closed every Process and Service I could imagine is even close to involved with SupportAssist, to no avail. I seem to be unable to fully close the program so I can actually uninstall it.

Upvote 0
May I suggest that you go to DELL forum and ask away there, you will definitely get more reply and possibly a solution.
Link here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back