General question re: Excel populating into Word

zombiemaster

Board Regular
Hi, All... I'm not looking for specific coding solutions at this point in the process, but hoping there may be tutorials of some kind that folks might be able to share...

I want VBA that will take data from cells in an Excel row and populate sections of a Word template.

I am going to have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows of data, and I want to be able to select a cell somewhere in column A, click the macro button and it will scrape data from that row and populate a Word template that can be printed off. Click the next cell down, run the macro again and it populates a new sheet, etc on down the line.

Is this possible? Are there online tutorials for this sort of functionality? The project is still in the draft phase, but I am hoping to be able to present this as part of the solution.

Thanks for any thoughts, or website suggestions!
~ZM~

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Have you tried MsWord's Mail Merge?
Hadn't actually thought of that, but it is a possibility!

We are going to have multiple people working in the Shared Workbook at the same time, and I am hoping to be able to use the functionality in Excel as opposed to opening up a separate Word doc, since everyone will already be in the Excel file at the same time. Also, our users' experience levels are all over the place, and I want them to just be able to click a cell, click a button and they get what they need...Mail Merge would require quite a bit of training and I'm afraid some of them would not adjust well to that drastic of a change.

~ZM~

Upvote 0
Just checking in on this topic again to see if anyone has any other ideas besides Mail Merge, which I don't think would work for our purposes.

Thanks in advance,
~ZM~

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back