Generate random numbers and highlight those numbers in spreadsheet.

Johncobb

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
In my spreadsheet I have many rows of 40 numbers in each row (numbers between 1 and 80 in each row).
I want to generate 20 random numbers between 1 and 80 and then to check if they come up in each row (each row has 40 numbers between 1 and 80).
The numbers that came up should be highlighted in each row in a color so I will be able to see which numbers and how many numbers did come up after each random spin.
I hope that you understand what I mean. This is a short description. Please contact me if you need more explanations.
Waiting for comments and advice.
John

What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)
Hello,
You are the moderator? I have a question.
I want to mark 2 helping members a solution because both have helped me. I can not do it? WHY?
I marked Joe4 as solution and I wanted also mark Rick Rothstein because his answer helped me and his suggestion also worked.
I think that marks as solution should be allowed to be assigned to more than one member or one answer. Don't you think so?
Best regards,
John

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
I am glad that the last answer seemed to work for you.

However, in marking the "Solution" to the question, please mark the post that answered your original question, not the follow-ups.
Could you go back and mark the solution that you used for the original question you asked?

Thanks
I don't know what you mean.
Do I have to mark the specific answer or specific post that solved my problem?

Upvote 0
Hello,
You are the moderator? I have a question.
I want to mark 2 helping members a solution because both have helped me. I can not do it? WHY?
I marked Joe4 as solution and I wanted also mark Rick Rothstein because his answer helped me and his suggestion also worked.
I think that marks as solution should be allowed to be assigned to more than one member or one answer. Don't you think so?
Best regards,
John
Unfortunately, that is not an option with the board software we are using.
You will just need to mark the post that most helped you solved your original question.
However, you can "Like" all the posts that helped you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back