Generate Worksheet of Invoice Pages From Excel Data File

snapfade

Good Morning,

I have a general question and, at this point, I am looking for a general direction rather than forumlae and code.

The main worksheet has Invoice data like client name and address, work performed, billing amount, etc. On the second worksheet is an invoice template, complete with all proper formatting to print a full page, logo, etc. The goal is to have this second worksheet contain all invoices, (for the sake of discussion, let's say 30 of them). This finished file of 30 invoices worksheet is then given to someone who will insert a special invoice number into the appropriate place on each invoice and then print the 30 invoices to pdf for emailing.

I suppose an alternative would be to present to the final user one invoice, get input of invoice number, print that invoice and then repeat for the next 29.

I am working to get the invoice numbers into my main worksheet so that the invoices can then be printed directly but today's question assumes the second step is necessary.

Other suggestions would be most welcomed.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
You would be better off having one invoice on each of 30 worksheets, as the layout of each worksheet could then be the same. Do clients have a unique ID number?

Upvote 0
Hi AliGW,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I would like to avoid creating extra tabs. It is pretty easy to drop in a preformatted template, page break, and repeat.

tom

Upvote 0
You asked for suggestions! :)

The reason that having all invoices on one sheet is NOT a good idea is that it makes pulling the data across more difficult. However, if that is how it must be ...

I'm not sure what else we can do at this stage since you seem set on the way this is going to work. But each client WILL need a unique ID - do they have one?

Upvote 0
yes, each client has a unique ID.

I guess I was looking for some ways and means of accomplishing what I suggested. Is vba the way to do or might I have, say, 50 blanks ready for filling? Would I use formulae or code. That is what I was hoping to learn.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back