Generating REAL TIME (no 15 min delay) stock prices in Excel

YannickS

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am looking for a wizard to help me out on this one.

I've created a rather advanced Excel workbook that tracks stocks (analyses, gives alerts, atc). The only thing missing is real time stock prices. I have tried many many things to get real time stockprices in my spreadsheet (power querry, web sourcing, the "new" stock data type from Office 365), but all of them have the same issue: 15 minute delay on prices.

I understand where this is coming from (its all about the monah), but I am curious if there is any hero around here that can tell me if there is a way to get REAL TIME stock prices in my excel workbook. I can work my way around excel and vba, so I don't care how difficult it is, or if it involves some other software. If it requires me to subscribe to some data source that provides me with the data, I am willing to do so (if the prices is reasonable for a stand-alone wannabe investor) - as long as I can get real time stock prices into my workbook, that can automatically refresh every minute or so.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
This software links to Excel. One of the features listed is: "RTD (real time data) / DDE (dynamic data exchange) providing the ability to link streaming data into spreadsheets such as Excel, extending the data beyond the TMX PowerStream desktop".

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply @DRSteele. I have tried out this software just now, and its a step into the right direction. However, this software does not offer the option to automatically add stock quotes to an excel sheet - it still requires manual exportation (and then transfering them from one file to another). At least, I could not find a way to do it automatically.

Let me clarify a bit more on my Excel workbook: right now it generates data of 25 stocks from the AEX (Dutch stock market) every minute, through the build in Office 365 Stock Data Type, and it accumulates the data for 2 weeks (I leave it to run full time during trading hours). Through formulas I let this data be analysed, and I get informed on the result on the front sheet.

It works perfectly fine, with the exception that the data that Office 365 generates is on a 15 minute delay. Because of this, my alerts are always 15 minutes behind the facts...

That's what I need to get fixed: I need a way to load real time data in my workbook.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply @DRSteele. I have tried out this software just now, and its a step into the right direction. However, this software does not offer the option to automatically add stock quotes to an excel sheet - it still requires manual exportation (and then transfering them from one file to another). At least, I could not find a way to do it automatically.

Let me clarify a bit more on my Excel workbook: right now it generates data of 25 stocks from the AEX (Dutch stock market) every minute, through the build in Office 365 Stock Data Type, and it accumulates the data for 2 weeks (I leave it to run full time during trading hours). Through formulas I let this data be analysed, and I get informed on the result on the front sheet.

It works perfectly fine, with the exception that the data that Office 365 generates is on a 15 minute delay. Because of this, my alerts are always 15 minutes behind the facts...

That's what I need to get fixed: I need a way to load real time data in my workbook.

Brilliant, thanks for sharing this info. This is all very interesting ?

Upvote 0
Hi there,

I've created a rather advanced Excel workbook that tracks stocks (analyses, gives alerts, atc). The only thing missing is real time stock prices. I have tried many many things to get real time stockprices in my spreadsheet (power querry, web sourcing, the "new" stock data type from Office 365), but all of them have the same issue: 15 minute delay on prices.

I understand where this is coming from (its all about the monah), but I am curious if there is any hero around here that can tell me if there is a way to get REAL TIME stock prices in my excel workbook. I can work my way around excel and vba, so I don't care how difficult it is, or if it involves some other software. If it requires me to subscribe to some data source that provides me with the data, I am willing to do so (if the prices is reasonable for a stand-alone wannabe investor) - as long as I can get real time stock prices into my workbook, that can automatically refresh every minute or so.

Cheers.
Have you tried MarketXLS? I have found it quite useful for both stocks & options

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Cheers.
Hi Yannick, am looking for it as well. Any luck since your post?
I found this video
just now. Will try it on Monday to see if it's real "real" time or the same 15 min delay.

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Cheers.
Did you find a solution to this ?? Might have a solution for you. L have a similar system running and use both automatic refresh and manual. For AEX the only delay is the 1st 15 minutes otherwise after that its almost as updated as it can be when the markets are open

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Cheers.
Hi Yannick, I should like to get in contact with you about the mentioned stock price store functionality. Regards Derk.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back