Generating Sign In Sheets from a Master Schedule

AFerg85

I'm usuallypretty good about self-learning/teaching myself enough to do what I need to,but today I'm at a standstill. Two reasons why, one, I can't seem to think ofthe best way to approach what I need to do, and second, trying to google thequestion in my head doesn't translate well at all. So looking to you expertsfor help.
I have aspreadsheet that contains the daily schedule for over 400 people, for a six-monthperiod. The columns are some of the standard information: Last Name, FirstName, Team, Start Time, End Time, Days Off, and then all the columns after thatare the dates through the six months (the rows under the dates either showtheir schedule, 0400-1230, or an anomaly like Mil for military leave). My rowsare all employees.
What I am tryingto accomplish is a close to automatic way to generate sign in sheets that breakdown each person by their Team, AM or PM, and then in alphabetical order. Whatare some of your thoughts on how to accomplish this?
I’ve triedimporting the table in Access, but having 6 months’ worth of field names ismaking that process difficult.
Thank you for anyhelp you can provide.

sandy666

you can try "clean" (normalize) the data via Power Query aka Get&Transform

Last edited:

AFerg85

Unfortunately, I don't have access to, nor can I download and install Power Query on my machine. Company owned.

AFerg85

Any possible ways to use vba to produce a sign in sheet based on shift and team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed elsaid

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...