GET A PERCENTAGE OF AMOUNT SELECTED FROM A DROP DOWN

itsemeli

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hi

See the below image. I want to get the progress Y@D automatically updated based on the amount of Green coloured boxes. The boxes have a drop down list on each one so we can select what stage it is at on that specific week.
For example the Blue box is put in as a target but we change it to green once it has been complete. So i want the progress to update based on the amount of greens that have been put in.
I know you cant do it based on the colour but the drop down is based on a list of 'T,G,B,R' and i select 'G' for green 'T' for Target ect.
So i dont want to know about how much is blue (target) i just want it to calculate how much 'G' green is selected in that specific row?

its quite complicated so im not sure if i have explained it well enough. let me know.
I also dont know if i have just over complicated it and theres an easy solution
1588242177791.png

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
It is not clear from your example what results are expected, particularly in rows where there are multiple blue cells.

Please manually calculate the results and enter them into your sheet, then repost your example using XL2BB (green button on the reply toolbar).

My best guess from your picture is =1/SUM(COUNTIF(specific row,{"B","G"}))*COUNTIF(specific Row,"G") but that is as good as it gets without a better sample.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back