Get formula to operate within table name reference

b.hill2387

I would like the formula below to be able to reference the cells below relative to a table named "Table1" instead of the worksheet. For example, currently B2 references the cell in the second column and second row of the active worksheet. I would like for it to reference the second column and second row within "Table1". So if cells C10:G50 are named "Table1" then the B2 piece of the formula below would reference cell D11 (the second column and second row within "Table1").

Code:
=IF(AND($B2>$A$1,$B2<=$A$2),$C$1,)

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Hi,

Can you provide a small sample of your table with expected outcomes for the formula?

Will A1, A2 and C1 also be part of the table? Is this formula going to go in a particular column of the table or reside outside it?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Can you provide a small sample of your table with expected outcomes for the formula?

Will A1, A2 and C1 also be part of the table? Is this formula going to go in a particular column of the table or reside outside it?

I am not allowed to post attachments. Is there a way I can PM you the Excel file?

Upvote 0
Thanks but I actually figured it out! I completely forgot about using the Offset function. So I just reference the table and use the Offset function to operate within the table.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back