Get information from API using VBA

K1600

Board Regular
I am trying to pull information from an API but I can't work out how to do the coding.

I have been provided the below in relation to the API and I have my API key to add in but would appreciate it if someone could assist with how I need to code it.

curl -H "Accept: application/json" -H "x-api-key: your_api_key" \https://beta.check-mot.service.gov.uk/trade/vehicles/mot-tests\?registration=XX10ABC

Once I have managed to master this bit it is my intention to integrate this into my existing code in order to pull the registration number out from a table and then return the MOT test date from the API which appears to be referenced as "completedDate".

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I was thinking of leading and trailing spaces. Change the Trim(rngColVRM.cells(r).Value) to Replace(rngColVRM.cells(r).Value, " ", "")

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Sorry, I was thinking of leading and trailing spaces. Change the Trim(rngColVRM.cells(r).Value) to Replace(rngColVRM.cells(r).Value, " ", "")
No need to apologise. I tried to fathom a way of using trim but didn't manage anything but errors!

That works perfectly now though. Thank you again for your assistance. I'll leave you in peace now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back