AEAA

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am trying to do the following, please let me know if this is possible:

I have a "Value Field" called Count of Value_Proficiency which simply counts the occurrence of each Row Label

I would like to create a new "Measure" having Max of Count of Value_Proficiency repeated for all Row Labels. Seems fairly simple, but I cannot get it to work (All the data is in a Data Model and I cannot create calculated fields I think).

I am trying the following -> Create Measure -> MAX([Count of Value_Proficiency]) but this does not work.

In example the max is 471, I would like to divide Sum of Value_Proficiency per row/471

1667510171656.png

Thank you very much for your help.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
You can't do this with a native pivot table, but you *can* do this using DAX expressions within a PowerPivot based Pivot Table.

See Bill's video here for a similar example:

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you. I think I am getting close but still haven't been able to figure it out, sorry. I am trying to set up my DAX function as follows:

1667665949702.png

I create the measure CountTrial, to be able to refer to it in my next measure, and it works fine (see Count of Value_Proficiency2 matches CountTrial) (Maybe this step is unnecessary)

1667665975200.png

Then I try to get the max of this column (equals to 471) in every column, and I do the following:

1667666068008.png

And it returns 1 everywhere, as if its comparing every row and returning true for the max being in that row.

Would you know why this is not working?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thank you. I think I am getting close but still haven't been able to figure it out, sorry. I am trying to set up my DAX function as follows:

View attachment 77921

I create the measure CountTrial, to be able to refer to it in my next measure, and it works fine (see Count of Value_Proficiency2 matches CountTrial) (Maybe this step is unnecessary)

View attachment 77922

Then I try to get the max of this column (equals to 471) in every column, and I do the following:

View attachment 77923

And it returns 1 everywhere, as if its comparing every row and returning true for the max being in that row.

Would you know why this is not working?
Just an update, Value_Proficiency is a list with 0, 0.33, 0.66 and 1 so the 1 might be coming from MAX(Value_Proficiency)

Upvote 0
Just an update, Value_Proficiency is a list with 0, 0.33, 0.66 and 1 so the 1 might be coming from MAX(Value_Proficiency)
Sorry for the spam, not sure if I can edit my original post.

Update:

I created a calculated column with the following syntax and I can achieve my original goal. However, when I apply a filter to the table the values do not get recalculated.

=MAXX(Proficiency;COUNTX(FILTER(Proficiency;EARLIER(Proficiency[Software])=Proficiency[Software]);Proficiency[Software]))

Upvote 0
Try this:

=MAXX(CALCULATETABLE(VALUES(Proficiency[Software]),ALLSELECTED(Proficiency[Software])),[CountTrial])

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back