GetPivotdata Assistance Needed

ladyday

I need assistance with linking a cell to a total in a Pivot table. I have produced a summary table that displays a groups of totals and I would like to the link the cells to the totals in each pivot table so if the table expands or is collapsed the information is display correctly.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
By default Excel will produce the GETPIVOTDATA formula for you if you simply type = in the target cell and then select the total you want in the pivot table.

Without any more information than you have supplied so far, I'm not sure how else we can help at this stage.

Upvote 0
The Getpivotdata formula is not working for me. I have two sheets. Sheet 1 = Summary, Sheet 2 = pivot table. I would like to display the total on Sheet 2, cell G31 (one of the totals on the pivot table in Sheet 1. When I enter the formula =getpivotdata(G31), I receive an error message stating the formula is seeking two arguments and I have only entered one.

Upvote 0
If you type just = and then select G31 on the other sheet, does Excel not build the whole GETPIVOTDATA formula for you? If not, go into Excel options and in the Formulas section, check the option to use GetpivotData formulas.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back