GETPIVOTDATA - Can I get data from 2 pivot tables in 1 formula?

kittysaid

I have a spreadsheet where I download company production data from 2 sources. I use pivot tables to extract production data (Produced, Scrap, types of scrap, etc.) I have charts that uses GETPIVOTDATA formulas to get specific information about a part. I need to combine results from the 2 pivot tables. (scrap data from our plant + scrap data from another plant). It is the same part numbers, just different stages of the process. The fields of the pivot tables are exactly the same. (Filter =scrap, Column=TDATE-Month, Rows = 5digitnumber and Cshift, Sum of values = TRQTY ( which means transaction quantity). Example of a formula using one pivot table is: IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA("TRQTY",'01 - Data Sheets'!$F$5,"5DigitJobNumber",08845,"CSHIFT",1),0). $F$5 is the pivot table location, and 08845 is the 5digitnumber of the part, and Cshift is the shift producing the production/scrap. How can I add another pivot table location $P$5 to this formula to get 1 result. Example of some of the results of formulas:
1594393551314.png

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
i couldnt follow a lot of that but in answer to your question it should be fine using GETPIVOTDATA for multiple tables in one formula. if you have trouble typing out the GETPIVOTDATA bits, just click on cells inside your pivot table when typing out the formula and it should generate it automatically. just make sure generate getpivotdata is on by clicking anywhere on your pivot table, going to the analyse tab, options and check the generate getpivotdata button

Upvote 0
If the two sources are generating the same data fields, you should look into using the Get and Transform feature to bring all the data/both tables into a single table that you can create your Pivot Table from.

Upvote 0
i couldnt follow a lot of that but in answer to your question it should be fine using GETPIVOTDATA for multiple tables in one formula. if you have trouble typing out the GETPIVOTDATA bits, just click on cells inside your pivot table when typing out the formula and it should generate it automatically. just make sure generate getpivotdata is on by clicking anywhere on your pivot table, going to the analyse tab, options and check the generate getpivotdata button
Thanks! I got it to work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back