Getting a MS Visual Basic Run-time error '1004' Application-defined or Object-defined error on exit of Excel

Mitchy

I know nothing about Visual Basic,so bear with me. I keep getting this error when I try to close Excel & I have no idea why or how to isolate the issue. This happens on any workbook. I want to say that I have tried to repair Excel, but that didn't fix the issue. Please help!!!!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Upvote 0
This article from Microsoft: You may receive a "Run-time error 1004" error message when you programmatically set a large array string to a range in Excel 2003

In that you are experiencing this with all files, it sounds like the code that is loading is in the global workbook, "Personal.xls" If this is happening on a company computer, see your administrator. If this is happening on your personal PC, delete personal.xls (if you know you are not using any VBA routines).

I am using a personal PC & Excel 2010.I have searched my computer for the file "Personal.xls" & I do not get any results. Would you please direct me on how to navigate to this file. Once I delete the file, how is the opening/operation of Excel changed? Do I just have to manually open a new workbook by clicking "New" or does the file recreate itself? Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
I am using a personal PC & Excel 2010.I have searched my computer for the file "Personal.xls" & I do not get any results. Would you please direct me on how to navigate to this file. Once I delete the file, how is the opening/operation of Excel changed? Do I just have to manually open a new workbook by clicking "New" or does the file recreate itself? Thank you for your time.
Did anyone ever attempt to answer this person's question? I am having the same trouble (only on a work computer), the "fix" listed didn't work for me either, and I don't see any other similar issues listed in the forums.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back