Getting a range to another sheet and copying and pasting data

kenman

Board Regular
Hi all,

I am performing calculations on data in 1000's of workbooks (Files). On top of that I am doing multiple computations (different averages on the same data, say averages using 2, 4, and 8) on data that's in each one. I would like to take that info and place it on another sheet in the same workbook. Can I name the worksheets using a variable name with whatever the average # is that I'm using? I.E. I do a 2 day average for the data, I want to put that onto a worksheet that's named "2 day avg". Is there a way to write a vba line of code that will let me concatenate whatever the average "#" that is used with "day avg."?

Also, does anyone know a VBA line of code that will in effect select a volatile amount of data in a column, copy or cut it and paste it on another worksheet or in another workbook? It's easy to select a cell, hold a mouse button, and drag down to the bottom of the data, but even when I record a macro to see how VBA writes it, I can't figure out how to do it in VBA. In VBA, can this sort of line be written.?

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Kenman

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
This might get you a start on sheet naming from cell variables:
<code>
Sheet1.Name = Sheet2.Cells(2, 2) & " " & Sheet3.Cells(3, 3)
</code>
This would rename sheet1 from value in Range("B2"), then a space, then the value from sheet3 value in Range("C3") row3, col3.

The & symbol works like comma in concatenate formula. Sheet().Name= sets the sheet name equal to formula value. OF course you can grab data from other workbooks.

In answer to the second question you may just need to tell vba the range (example copys range in sheet 1 to sheet 2 starting a designated cell.)
<code>
Dim rng1 As Range
Set rng1 = Sheet1.Range("A2:A200")
rng1.Copy
Sheet2.Range("B2").PasteSpecial (xlPasteAll)
</code>

TTom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back